Friday, May 28, 2010

Project 67

Hmm, last Project in the course!

"Rain" - There are many different ways of portraying rain:

1. The threat of rain: dark storm clouds on the horizon
2. Actual rain: falling, perhaps using a long exposure
3. The impact of rain: as it splashes into the ground
4. The evidence of rain: drops on a window, a rainbow

My goal in approaching this project was to avoid photographing actual rain, but to suggest rain.  My first thought was a pair of muddy shoes dropped on dirty and wet newspaper, however, I changed my mind.  just after a re3cent rain storm I was walking past some ground covering plants with large fleshy leaves.  The leaves were covered in water drops.  Looking closely I could see that the leaves were covered in fine hairs on which the water was able to collect and form droplets.

Recently I have been doing a lot of Macro studies of plants that I found in the garden, so this fitted well with my current activities.  I gathered a few of the leaves and arranged them on my table.  A water spray created the necessary "rain" and I mounted a 100mm Macro lens on my camera.  What I wanted from this shot was a suggestion of rain in an extreme close up of the leaf that was quite abstract.

The following were all ideas around this theme:









For my chosen single image I cropped in very closely on a single leaf with just the center of the image fully in focus

Canon EOS 5D MkII, 100mm, f/8, 1/125s, ISO 100

Well that's it, all I now need to do is to finalize my Assignment 5:)

No comments:

Post a Comment