Saturday, January 23, 2010

Photo Shoot: Flowers

One of the hazards of having a photographer in the house is that very square inch of wall space is eventually covered in photographs.  Last weekend I decided to create a series of 12 flower images which I printed A4 size and used to create a 3 x 4 matrix of photos in our downstairs bathroom, now designated my gallery.  After all it is a place where people have a little time to contemplate!

I set up a pair of 400W studio flashes with softboxes.  One I positioned directly behind the subjects to create a bright white background and shine through the flowers.  The other flash was about 30 degrees left of my camera position.  I set up the flash strength on the rear flash to overexpose the background and completely wash out the white.  The other flash I adjusted to get the exposure I wanted.  Most of the following images are about 1/2 to 1 stop overexposed as I was looking for a translucent quality in the images.  All were shot with a 100mm macro on a Canon EOS 5D Mk II.

Enjoy!!!



































No comments:

Post a Comment