Saturday, October 17, 2009

Photo Shoot: Great Coxwell

Most of my photography these days is tied into the Art of Photography course, however, I still enjoy getting out and about with my camera and taking images that please me.  Clearly this also gives me a chance to develop my skills, practice what I have learned, and search for subject matter that might support an upcoming project.  As part of this blog I am going to include short galleries of images that do not directly relate to the course, but reflect my simple enjoyment of the medium of photography.

Last weekend I spent 4 days back in England visiting my mother at her home in the Cotswold village of Great Coxwell.  I grew up here and many of the local landmarks are very well known to me.  The village is small, not even a shop or pub, but a beautiful medieval tithe barn and 12th century church, combined with the rolling countryside offer many photo ops.  All the images were created using a Canon 40D with a 17-55mm f/2.8 zoom lens.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment