Thursday, September 17, 2009

Project 7

Well the materials suggested something very plain and big, I guess I focused on the latter.  The building that is the subject of theis project is the Hypo-Vereins Bank building, one of Munichs very few high buildings (it is forbidden to build above around 6 stories in the city center to prevent spoiling the historic skyline).  This is just up the road from my home and was shining in teh early evening light, so a very tempting target. 

My descending order preference in the shots is for the one with building to the left of center, then the center, the building in the top right, and finally the casual walk up shot.  The shot with the building in the top right was the most ambitious, but there is too much negative space the foreground.  The center composition is OK, perhaps the complex shape of the building breaks up the simple composition. 

Another problem with this series of images is that the perspective changes as I get closer to the building, making direct comparison difficult.  Another issue is that the quality of light shifted as I moved around to get the shots, my favorite ahs the best saturation in the sky making for a more pleasing contrast with the steel of the subject.

I couldn't resist spending some more time exploring the shape of this bank and following are a few more creative images that I took that afternoon.  I suspect that this location could appear later in the my learning log in other projects.

17mm, 1/50s, f/11, ISO 100
32mm, 1/1250, f/4, ISO 100
105mm, 1/40s, f/11, ISO 100

No comments:

Post a Comment